Our best trips are the result of lots of research to identify options that everyone will enjoy and letting our teen and tween have a big say in what we do on the trip.
The goal of this blog is to provide inspiration, reviews and resources families traveling with teens and tweens. Take the time to click through our links and you’ll find a lot of information at your fingertips.
For each trip listed here click the link to go to a landing page for that trip’s Top activities for families with teens and tweens discussion. From there, the links take you to our individual blog posts on the specific topic. Each activity post provides even more links to external sources where you can continue your research.
Launch Top Trip Landing Pages Here!
- The Big Island of Hawaii. Travelling from the East Coast took 12 hours each way, but it was worth it!.
- Yellowstone National Park is a place everyone has to visit at least once
- The Jersey Shore where sun, surf, boardwalks and more add up to a relaxing family destination for teens and tweens
- Disney World is great for all ages, teens and tweens get to explore
- Boston - home of Fenway Park and so much more!
- Maine’s rocky coast from Portland to Rockland
- The Black Hills of South Dakota
- New York City in the springtime
- Washington DC and Colonial Williamsburg
- Summer in the Mount Washington Valley of the White Mountains of New Hampshire
- Ski Country tips and trips – we particularly enjoy Smugglers’ Notch Vermont
- Alaska adventures around Anchorage and the Kenai Peninsula
- Zion and Bryce Canyon National Parks in Utah
- And many more to come!
We are always researching new travel ideas. As we develop our plans we’ll share our tips on adding some fun family activities onto college tours, theme parks, winter skiing and whatever else comes along!